Appointments are offered as a house call at your home. My focus is diagnosing behavior problems and developing a Treatment Plan to manage and modify pet behavior which can be integrated into your daily life. The Initial Behavior Consultation begins with a thorough history taking, observation of your dog or cat in its home environment, comprehensive assessment of behavior problems and diagnosis. I take a problem-oriented medical approach and will assess the objective data I attain to develop a Treatment Plan to improve and/or manage the behavior problem affecting your relationship with your pet. I am not a trainer, but a veterinarian, with a goal to alleviate the emotional suffering of pets and the people who love them. I am committed to treating my patients and my clients with warmth, compassion, and respect.
You should expect the following from your Initial Behavior Consultation:
- Free scheduled 15 minute phone call (required) to answer your questions
- Review of the Behavior History Questionnaire you complete prior to my visit
- Approximately 90 minute house call Initial Behavior Consultation
- In-depth behavior assessment and diagnosis
- Immediate strategies to ensure safety as needed
- A detailed Treatment Plan provided within one week
- Prescription for medication for your pet (if indicated) phoned to a pharmacy of your choice
- Email support for one year (Phone support by appointment only and free for 6 weeks. Additional follow-up available)
Follow Up Behavior Consultations: Additional appointments to discuss progress, assist with implementation of the behavior modification, adjust medications, or begin treatment for secondary problems are sometimes necessary. Following the Initial Behavior Consultation, you may arrange additional appointments quarterly to meet your needs. Some clients benefit from approximately three Follow Up Consultations (package deal available).
Phone Calls: A free 15 minute phone call is required prior to booking the Initial Behavior Consultation. Meeting your pet to assess temperament is essential to provide the best treatment for each individual pet and owner. Further phone calls can only be offered following the Initial Behavior Consultation. You may schedule Follow Up Phone Calls biweekly to meet your needs for one year (free for six weeks following your Initial Behavior Consultation, by appointment only, package deal available).
Service area includes: San Francisco, Marin County, Alameda County, Contra Costa County, San Mateo County, Napa County, Sonoma County, Santa Clara County
I promise respectful and compassionate communication by the next business daY